“We met Justin early in our Master Bath remodel process. He gave us several design ideas that we had not thought of previously. He provided us with a couple of quotes based on different scenarios and was incredibly patient with us as we continued to interview other contractors. He repeatedly took the time to offer advice even as our interview process dragged on and on. Throughout the interviews, we kept on comparing each new contractor to Justin. By the fifth additional contractor we finally realized we had the right person from the start.
Justin recommended several granite, tile, cabinet and plumbing fixture vendors and we set about visiting each to make our selections. The vendors that Justin recommended made the process so easy. The quality of their products, their professionalism and their advice made the daunting process of choosing from tens of thousands of products and combinations quite quick and painless.
Once the cabinets were ordered and a tentative delivery date was established, Justin was able to schedule the job in order to cause the least disruption for our family. Justin was in constantly providing status updates, scheduling updates and even texting us pictures of alternative fixture placement options. The subcontractors that Justin works with are wonderful craftsman and treated our house with the utmost respect. Justin kept the job humming along smoothly with very little down time.
We now have the Master Bathroom of our dreams! Justin was an absolute pleasure to work with from start to finish. His patience, his experience, his project management skills, his communication skills and most importantly his end product are excellent. We would highly recommend White Oak Custom Builders. We couldn’t be happier!”
“We bought an older home with a lot of potential, in May of 2015. After a thorough search for a credible contractor with great references, we hired Justin and White Oak Custom Builders and got started with our plans in July. I’m so relieved that we chose Justin – it was one of the best decisions we have ever made! He is a team player and treated our new home like his from the beginning. He truly earned 5 stars.
We are now at the end of our project – a complete refresh of the home’s interior, including a dramatic kitchen and bath remodel – and the results are outstanding! We had a set budget and a strict timeline to be complete by November 12. Justin said we would be in our house in October and we are moving in today – October 30. Justin is incredibly prompt, attentive, and reliable – he was at the house every single day and maintained frequent communications via email, text, and phone calls. We trusted him from day one and were never disappointed. His craftsmanship and attention to detail are second to none and he frequently went above and beyond to get something exactly right. Our timeline never slipped despite several requests to adjust our original scope when we recognized a way to do more and improve the project overall.
With every opportunity to do more, he would present the potential, weigh the options with us, and support our decision. Dealings with financial decisions were thoughtful and easy to address.
I had exceptionally high hopes for this project and Justin and his team exceeded every expectation. Hire this team. You will not be disappointed!”
“Justin, with White Oak Custom Builders, gutted and remodeled our kitchen, powder room and master bath. I can’t begin to tell you how pleased we are with the work he did on our home. The quality and his attention to detail were amazing. He always kept things clean and respected our home at all times. All of his subs were amazing and very easy to work with. Justin is not only an expert builder but also has a great eye for design. He worked well with everyone including me! I would highly recommend Justin for any project big or small. I know we will call on him with any remodeling project we may have in the future.”
“Had a kitchen , family and garage conversion. Raised ceilings from 8 ft to 14 ft and took 5 walls out to open up space and added built ins ( 14 x 9 ft cabinets w/ bookshelves on opposite side and a 14 ft center island with entertainment center on opposite side . Project went very smooth and on schedule as promised. They kept area clean at all times (we lived in house during project) . They made this a very smooth and easy project.”
“White Oak Custom Builders (Justin Hartman) was the contractor for a very extensive remodeling project of my house in 2012. The scope of the remodeling involved window replacement (22 windows and 6 patio doors and all new interior doors), interior wall and flooring system replacement, three decks, a new roof structure (approximately 2400 sq. ft.) and all new interior trim for what became a three level house, originally built in 1950. While major remodeling is inherently stressful for almost any homeowner, Justin’s services as a contractor were invaluable, and I am extremely pleased with the final result. Specifically, I would give Justin top marks in the following areas:
1. Quality of work performed. The quality of work done was consistently top notch. Justin knowledgeable, skilled, and competent and is conscientious about following project specifications, and his work product rarely needs improvement or revision.
2. Project management and coordination. Justin’s prior experience working in construction really paid off. He was knowledgeable about all aspects of our project, and was able to plan, coordinate and manage the activities of different work crews effectively. He remained closely involved in overseeing the project from start to finish. His excellent attention to detail, strong organizational skills and commitment to follow-through are assets which enabled him to juggle the extensive details involved in our project without missing a beat. Justin’s familiarity with building codes also facilitated a smooth and hassle-free process when it came to building permits and inspection.
3. Integrity and professionalism. Throughout the project, I was impressed with Justin’s commitment to generating a top quality product, rather than maximizing his profit margin. When situations arose where extra work needed to be done (because of hidden problems that were not apparent until work on the house had commenced), Justin either (if it was relatively minor) took care of it, or (if it was more extensive) involved me in an informed decision making.
4. Effective communication. Justin kept me closely informed of work crew schedules, delivery dates, and projected completion dates of different phases of our project. His communication (whether by cell phone or email) was always clear, informative, and helpful. He was either available on his cell phone, or returned my phone call within 2-3 hours. We never had a single miscommunication throughout the project.
5. Flexibility and effectiveness in dealing with unexpected developments. When unforeseen problems surfaced (e.g., termite damage in a wall, structural problems with the existing floor and roof system), Justin worked diligently with me to identify a solution that was acceptable to me. He utilized resources effectively (e.g., recommending the services of a structural engineer in a limited fashion) and creatively to make changes necessary for implementing required solutions.
6. Sensitivity to worksite appearance and neighbor relations. Our project required huge dumpsters and a portable toilet (for the work crew), and there was very limited parking. Justin’s placement of the dumpster, portable toilet, and construction materials was based not solely on function and convenience, but showed a consideration for the aesthetics of the worksite. The work crew parked their vehicles in ways that were minimally disruptive to the neighborhood traffic, and their conduct never caused any discomfort to our neighbors. In the period of this project, there was not one single neighbor complaint! Instead, three different neighbors passed on compliments about the work.
In closing, I am very pleased with the final product which Justin was instrumental in delivering, and I am extremely impressed with his work as a contractor. In a world where shoddy workmanship and poor service are unfortunately all too common, Justin is indeed a rare find. I would not hesitate to hire Justin again, or to recommend him to my friends and neighbors.
I recommend White Oak Custom Builders to you most enthusiastically, and without any reservations”.
“White Oak completely made over the exterior of our home.
Last fall, they did a small job for us, enclosing a porch. We were happy with the detail of the work they did. Later on, we realized we had water damage that was related to a roof we had replaced several months prior by a contractor highly recommend. Because of our confidence in the work of White Oak, we had them to repair the water damage, and change our roof design. (The water damage was very serious, destroying the wall structure. We then decided to upgrade our exterior siding, electrical, insulation, (etc.). The President of White Oak guided us through the process in assisting us with any of our questions, and directing the work of the sub contractors. We were allowed to make the choices we wanted. The end results, we could not be happier.
Having replaced roofs on several houses, I would never deal directly with a roofing company again. One needs a reliable contractor working for you to get the job done. We are very thankful for our working relationship with White Oak, you will be too. If we had discovered White Oak earlier, it would have saved us money”.
Karen & Jack Ogle,